Every year I try to find a gift that is extra-special for my husband for Valentine’s Day
The very first year we were dating, I bought him a bunch of gifts, including a big ol’ chocolate bar with bacon in it. He bit into it, and I noted the pained expression on his face as he tried to eat it. I told him he didn’t have to eat it if he didn’t like it, and he audibly breathed a sigh of relief. He told me, trying not to hurt my feelings, that he just didn’t prefer meat mixed with his chocolate. Later in the day, he gave it to a wrestler friend who snarfed it up.
Lesson learned: be sure your hubby likes pork mixed with chocolate before you give it to him (that same chocolate bar is included in this list, so be forewarned!)
I’d like to think I’ve gotten better at gifts since then. I’ve found a few ideas along the way, and I am SO excited to give my hubby his gift this year. It is always tough to find just the right thing, so I put together this list of my absolute best gift ideas for the man in your life. I included many of MY favorite things, so you might want to do a bit of shopping for yourself too.
21 Unique Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Him
- Ticket Stub Diary with tickets to a show, or a sporting event.
- Sriracha Keychain for the hot sauce lover (I bought this for my brother for his Birthday one year, and it was such a fun gift)
- Bialetti Moka Pot for the coffee lover (my hubby and I have drunk SO MUCH COFFEE since we purchased this!)
- Wireless headphones for the music lover (I bought a pair of these, and my hubby used them way more than I ever did)
- A Portable Bluetooth Speaker (I bought this based on recommendations on Facebook, and I am so glad I did! This inexpensive little speaker is AMAZING! It has really high quality sound, and produces incredible volume. I use it in the kitchen to listen to podcasts, but my hubby is always borrowing it to take it to the gym to listen to music while he works out, I might just buy him his own for Valentine’s day).
- A Witty Wood Spectacle Holder for his glasses (if you hubby is like mine, he is always searching for his glasses)
- A Guitar Pick Keychain for the guitarist
- Cashmere V-Neck Sweater for the classy dresser (these sweaters are super inexpensive for Cashmere!)
- You Are the Luckiest Guy to be Married to Me Mug I think this is my favorite (I mean, if it’s true it’s true, am I right?)
- An Ussie Photo Album of We, Ourselves, and Us (fill it with all your favorite pictures of the two of you! Your wedding pic, your honeymoon pic, favorite dates, etc…)
- Beard Grooming and Trimming Kit (for the whiskered hubby)
- An Instant Photo Printer for the photographer (by far, the most expensive item on this list, but it would be a wonderful gift for the right person!)
- The Harry Potter Remote Control Wand for the Harry Potter fan
- Star Wars Death Star USB Wall Charger for the Star Wars fan
- The World According to Star Wars book also for the Star Wars fan
- RFID Blocking Leather Wallet for the man who just lost his wallet recently…ahem…like a certain someone I know…
- Mo’s Dark Chocolate Bacon Bar for the man who likes bacon in his chocolate (I.E. not my husband)
- An LED Book light for Readers for the reader
- Sneaky Cards: An Interactive Scavenger Hunt for the game player (this game is SO fun to play! The object of the game is to give every card away (to strangers). Some cards are simple: Put money into a vending machine so the next person gets a free snack. A few are a big challenge: Give this card to someone famous.)
- Apples to Apples: Bible Edition for the Bible scholar (I picked this up at a garage sale, thinking it was the original version. I didn’t notice that it was the Bible edition until I pulled it out to play with friends! This game is SO hilarious!)
- Snack Package from Around the World for the hungry husband (food gifts are ALWAYS a good idea, and this one includes snacks from around the world! Fun!)